Spring is on its way in Port Coquitlam. You may have to look past the irratic bouts of snow to see the signs, but they are there. It’s on the way & there’s nothing winter can do to stop it. Just take a peek around the city & you’ll see:
1) Snowdrops are scattered across heritage lawns & gardens across the city. They are in full glory right now & worth closer inspection.
2) The kids are alright. Back out on the streets playing kickball & all sorts of other fun games, kids are taking over the neighbourhoods once again. (Be safe on the roads y’all)
3) The heavenly scented viburnums are in bloom. Causing the need for a mid morning walk. Breathe in, breathe out….
3) The Birds are back. Visiting our gardens & feeders, even on the coldest days. The last few weeks have seen an influx in the local bird population. They know the truth, spring is just around the corner.
5) Crocus’ are popping up in all sorts of unexpected places. Not even the snow can stop these brave sirens of spring.
Help usher in spring at the Port Coquitlam Spring Garden Show on Saturday, March 29th at the Outlet at Leigh Square. This is a full day event hosting expert speakers, venders, displays & a garden tour. Tickets are available for pre purchase online at PocoHeritage.org for $50 each, or $60 at the door. I’ll be at the Master Gardeners booth, so make sure to stop by & say hi!