This Sunday is VanDusen Botanical Garden’s plant sale! This will be my second time attending the event, widely considered to be the largest plant sale in Metro Vancouver! Last year I was 2nd in line, which made the whole thing all the more exciting. This year? Well we will see where I land, but you can be sure I’ll be in that line up early Sunday morning with a coffee in one hand and my little green cart in the other! I hope to see you all there!
Plant Sale Essentials:
* Catalogues available for $2 starting Apr. 5th in The Garden Shop
* Date: Sunday, May 1, 2011, 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
* Busiest time: 10 a.m. – 1 p.m.
* Bring something in which to carry purchases – wheelbarrow, wagon, stroller, blue box
* Dress for the weather
* Wear appropriate footwear, the ground is uneven and can be soggy
* Plant Hold and Plant Pick-Up available
* Visa, MasterCard, debit, cash and cheque accepted
* Don’t be afraid to ask questions, Master Gardeners and volunteers are there to help you
* Parking is at a premium, be prepared to walk
* Take the opportunity to explore other areas of the Garden
* Garden admission is free on Plant Sale Day