The Patio Garden: In the swing of things.

Yesterday was not only a fabulous day to get outside and play in the yard, but also a good opportunity to do some tending on the front patio garden.
The Tomato baskets need little no no help from me. They are rocking it all on their own! I’ll admit to getting a smile every time I look up from the garden and see their cheery yellow flowers dotting the patio. Soon it will be a flash of red cherry tomatoes greeting my eyes.! (insert drooling here!)
The Alpine Strawberry bushes are doing great! The kid have both managed to harvest a few berries off of each bush, and there is lots more on the way! They are so proud of themselves. Growing strawberries and such! They are such little gardeners!The Herb garden is busting with foliage. The rain hasn’t hurt these covered pots. At the most they just get a sprinkle when it’s pouring out there. I took some trimmings off the plants so they don’t get too long and leggy. This was the pre hair cut shot.The slightly less wild, after shot.With a cleaning also comes the spoils!

In another sunny corner of the patio a new Veggie pot is soaking in the rays. This pot had been holding a perennial, but I found a new home for in in the ground below. Refilled with an Orange California Bell Pepper, Cilantro and Basil, this pot will soon be making it’s home on my mom’s patio (Mmmm, I’m looking forward to those peppers Mom!). Unlike mine back in the raised beds. My mother’s plant is lucky enough to be blooming . A trio of flowers dot the plant, with fruit to come!I also transplanted a few basil seedling into some empty holes in the Herb Garden. Fingers crossed that this weekend is the start of more seasonal weather. A girl can hope, right?

This entry was posted in Patio Garden. Bookmark the permalink.

8 comments on “The Patio Garden: In the swing of things.

1. Mike on said:

As for hoping for more seasonal weather…I think all we have is hope; it's raining again! ugh.But hey, if the government can spend millions bringing in snow for the olypics, maybe they can find a way to import some sunshine 🙂

2. Rebecca @ In The Garden on said:

Beautiful containers!! I can't believe how much futher along your tomatoes & strawberries are compared to mine! Congratulations on your nomination, it must be so exciting and flattering to come home to such a sign. :o)

Mike I'm holding out for some afternoon sun! Keep hope alive!@Rebecca I got some fine plants for my hanging baskets! But I cheat on those and buy them from a local grower. I won't be growing my own tomatoes until I (*someday*) get a greenhouse. It's certainly not your average hanging basket off the front of the house. I'm not sure if that will help me or hurt me in the competition, but I think it's cool!

4. Linda on said:

I am stunned by how many blooms are on your tomato plant. I don't think I've ever seen a vine with so many! How many green thumbs do you have?

5. Heather on said:

Wow, looks like you'll be having a bumper crop of tomatoes this year.

@Linda & @ Heather I know! I'm thrilled with the baskets. We had a really good one last year too. The sun is fantastic hung off the poles!

7. Stevie from GardenTherapy.ca on said:

we have so many of the same things growing! I have a gray pot full of alpine strawberries on my patio that looks identical to yours. My strawberries are yellow though – are yours red?

@Stevie most of them are still yellow. They are sheltered in the patio garden. The one's I have scattered in the garden outside have definitely been ripening up faster. Still they are worth the wait. The pot was picked up on clearance at Home Depot. I have a smaller grey-ish one too!