Green Thumb Sunday, Star flower

Green Thumb Sunday

Join Green Thumb Sunday
Join

The Star flower. This one has a special place in my heart, and my garden. There is something about this flower, the colour, the shape and texture of the foliage. Sadly it looks like a few of the smaller plants may not have made it through the winter, but I should probably wait another week or so before I replace them. Maybe it was just a slow start for these little guys this year. Here’s hoping!

Gardeners, Plant and Nature lovers can join in every Sunday, visit As the Garden Grows for more information.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized, What Grows Here. Bookmark the permalink.

10 comments on “Green Thumb Sunday, Star flower

1. malisa on said:

Beautiful flowers. This post and others. I’m not familiar with Star Flower. Are they bulbs?

2. malisa on said:

And Happy Victoria Day weekend.

I bought them as plants. I dont believe they are bulb or tuberous. I usually find them in the rare and unusual section of the garden centre. Although in the last few years Ive started spotting them more regularly in other centre’s as well.Happy Victoria day to you too!

4. Mary on said:

The star flowers are beautiful. I do hope you don’t have to replace them and they are just getting a slow start. I was thrilled to find that my violets made it through the winter. They are sheltered but I was afraid the contractor had demolished them. Thanks for stopping by my blog. I enjoyed visiting with you. Please stop by again soon.Blessings,Mary

5. Jean Ann on said:

beautiful pink color, lucky you!

6. Lifecruiser on said:

It really is pretty. Very special way the petals are! I don’t think I’ve seen it over here in Sweden.Thanks for stopping by 🙂

7. They are a beautiful color! Happy GTS!!

8. Muum on said:

I havent’seen these, either, they are very nice, thanks for your visit tomy blog!

9. PAULE on said:

Thanks for visiting my blog. I’ve just browsed throught yours. You made a great job with your garden. What nice flowers !Paule

10. WiseAcre on said:

Do you know the latin name? I can’t seem to find any that match yours when I do a search on Star flower. I wouldn’t mind trying some in my garden. I like the flower form and color. (don’t get the wrong idea – I only like pink when flowers and my girls wear it)